Super Simple Chunky Chile ( with pastured beef or turkey)
Chock full of vitamins and anti-oxidants from all the vegetables (A, C, D, E, K, B) and a good balance of Omega 3/Omega 6.
Freeze in small containers for later in the week. But do save some for tomorrow—trust me, you’ll want it again!
- 1-2 lb pasture raised or organic ground beef (lean) or ground organic turkey (depending on whether you like it meatier)
- 1 whole yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic ( crushed)
- 1 can black beans ( organic /drained) or substitute winter squash cubes if you are bean sensitive
- 2-3 carrots chopped into bite size pieces
- 2-3 celery sticks chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 -2 cups or more chopped green beans (bite size pieces)
- 1 head of dinosaur kale- (aka) lacinato kale ( leaves removed from stems & chopped)
- 1 small can organic tomatoes drained( fresh tomatoes if in season)
- Chili powder (to taste)- some like it hot, some not
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Olive Oil ( 1-2 tbsp)
- 1 cup beef stock or chicken stock ( organic)
Fry onions and garlic in olive oil until clear. Add beef or turkey and cook until done. (Note: turkey is lighter and easier to digest.) Add vegetables, tomatoes, chili powder, beans, and beef or chicken stock. Cook until veggies are done. If your spoon doesn’t stand straight up in the middle of the pot – you haven’t added enough veggies!
You can serve with a side salad or in combination over 1/4-1/2 cup brown or wild rice.. A great way to get 1-3 your servings of veggies for the day.